Sunday, January 20, 2013

What's Black, White and Green?

"It's T-Bone the Cat" 6x6 original oil on canvas panel. $150.

A cat on the grass, of course! This is T-Bone, another pet of one of my students. I really enjoyed painting his portrait, and making the most contrast between foreground and background by controlling the values. Of course, I also like the challenge of making furry edges.

Thanks to all of you who have made nice comments on my blog. Feel free to share the link if you like any of my paintings. I love this 30 paintings in 30 days group challenge - it's a great variety of subjects and media, and browsing through the blogs is really inspirational. I've learned so much already.


9 comments:

  1. T-Bone is very charming. I enjoyed browsing your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful painting of a beautiful cat! Love this, Alice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a great painting. I especially like the composition as well as the colors. The cat looks good too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marjorie! I'm glad you noticed the cat hiding in the grass...

      Delete
  4. Cats are not easy to paint but yours looks effortless! Great painting!

    ReplyDelete